Help parents find better answers to their toughest questions about parenting their teenagers and young adults.
As kids grow up, parents need a new posture that helps their family grow together. Growing With is filled with tips to equip leaders to support parents and families as they:
- accept the kid they have, not the kid they wish they had
- develop empathy that nudges rather than judges
- fight for their child, not against them
- connect their children with a faith and church big enough to handle their doubts and struggles
- dive into tough discussions about dating, career, and finances
- … and more!
Here are four ways you can use Growing With in your ministry:
1. Start a discussion group for parents of teenagers and young adults in your church.
Growing With is filled with stories from Kara’s, Steven’s, and other parents’ experiences, introducing three strategies which parents can apply and leaders can encourage. Each chapter concludes with a set of questions which can be used for personal reflection or group discussion.
2. Give parents of graduates the gift of Growing With.
Find out more about Fuller Youth Institute’s bulk order discounts in our online shop. (Offers begin March 5th.)
3. Use withing, faithing, and adulting in a preaching or teaching series.
Help your congregation find new ways to empathize and grow with teenagers and young adults.
4. Use it to inspire and equip your ministry to parents and families.
Be the first to know about our newest church resources.
Subscribe to the Growing With newsletter to receive our latest updates.
Leader Resources from the Fuller Youth Institute
3 Faith-building tips printable poster
Print our poster, put it up in a place where you’ll see it every day, and use it to spark empowering conversations with parents and families in your church.
3 Faith-building tips any leader can offer parents
Parents raising teenagers and young adults fear that as kids grow up, they’ll grow apart. What’s more, they worry their kids will grow away from God. Watch Kara Powell and Steven Argue share 3 faith-building tips any leader can offer parents.
6 Essential Strategies to Help Young People Discover and Love Your Church
Can I Ask That?
8 Hard Questions About God and Faith.
Leader & Student Guides
Three words every young person wants to hear
How We Read The Bible
8 Ways to Engage the Bible With Our Students